National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 for SC, ST, OBC, Gen Caste
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 for SC, ST, OBC, Gen Caste, and other essential information about the scheme is provided here in this article. The registrations for the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 (Round 1) will start anytime soon. Interested applicants must read all the instructions and eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the NOS 2023. For more details, kindly keep reading the article to the end.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023
The government of India started the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) to provide financial aid to students whose annual family income is less than INR 8 lakhs and who want to pursue their studies in a foreign country. Only the students/ applicants who belong to Scheduled Castes, Landless Agricultural Labourers & Traditional Artisans, and Denotified, Nomadic, and Semi-Nomadic Tribes categories are eligible to get the benefits from the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS).
Under the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), the selected/ eligible applicants receive an annual allowance of USD 15,400 and a contingency allowance of USD 1,500. This scheme only provides financial aid for Master’s Degree or Ph.D. level courses.
The registrations for the forthcoming National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 can be done online only. Moreover, the portal for the NOS application form (round 1) will open on 15th February 2023 and automatically close on 31st March 2023.
NOS for SC, ST, OBC, Gen Caste 2023
The authority provides a total of 125 slots for every round of the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS). Below, we have mentioned the category-wise table of the NOS 125 slots.
|National Overseas Scholarship Slots 2023|
|Name of the Category||Number of Available Slots|
|Scheduled Castes||115 Slots|
|Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans||Four Slots|
|Denotified, Nomadic, and Semi-Nomadic Tribes||Six Slots|
|Total Number of the Slots||125 Slots|
- Sarkari Result 2023
- Sarkari Naukri 2023
- Free Job Alert 2023
- Board Time table 2023
- Board Result 2023
- University Time table 2023
- University Result 2023
National Overseas Scholarship Details 2023
The beneficiaries can only get the benefits of the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 once. Below, we have mentioned some crucial details regarding the NOS scheme.
|National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023|
|Name of the Scheme||National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)|
|Beneficiaries||Scheduled Castes, Denotified, Nomadic, and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, and Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans Categories|
|Started By||Government of India|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Starting Date of the Online Registration||15th February 2023|
|Deadline for the Online Registration||31st March 2023|
|Main Motto||To provide financial aid to students who want to pursue studies abroad.|
|For Courses||Master’s Degree or Ph.D.|
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||USD 15,400 and other benefits|
Eligibility Criteria for the NOS 2023:-
- Age Limit– Maximum age limit is 35 years as of 1st April 2023.
- Educational Qualifications:-
- For a Master’s Degree- a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 60% score.
- For Ph.D. Courses- a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 60% score.
- Income- Annual income must be below INR 8 lakhs.
- Family- Applicant’s siblings and children (if married) must be below 18 years.
- Number of Children in a Family- Only two children of the same parents or guardians can apply for the scheme.
How to Apply for the NOS 2023?
- First, open the official National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) web portal nosmsje.gov.in.
- After that, go to the ‘Login’ option provided on the upper side of the homepage.
- Tap on the ‘Register Yourself’ option and complete the registration process.
- If you have already registered on the portal, then you do not have to register again.
- After the registration, login into the portal by entering the User ID, Password, and Captcha code.
- Next, press the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Afterward, you will find the link relevant to the ‘National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Application Form 2023.’
- Click on the link and fill out the entire application form carefully.
- Attach all the mandatory documentation along with the application form and proceed.
- Lastly, keep a copy of the application form for further proceedings.
NOS Important Documentation 2023
Documents required for the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Application Form 2023:
- Class 10th Board Certificate
- Caste Certificate (Caste Validity Certificate for Maharashtra)
- Scanned Image of Photograph
- Scanned Image of Signature
- Current Address Proof or Permanent Address Proof
- Qualifying Degree or Provisional Certificate
- Every Semester’s mark sheet for the qualifying examination
- Proof of CGPA or SGPA conversion formula into a percentage (if the percentage marks are not given)
- Unconditional offer letter from a foreign University
- After completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, a certificate or affidavit in respect of GAP details if the period is more than six months
- Family Income Certificate
- ITR if the applicant is filing Income Tax Return
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) Certificate from the Employer (if the applicant is employed)
- Aadhaar Card
Details needed for the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Application Form 2023:
- Personal Information
- Current Address
- Foreign University or Institute Details
- Qualifying Degree or Examination Details
- Employment or Gap Details
- Visa Application Details
- Prospects in India
- Family Income Certificate
Click here to apply for the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023.
Thank you so much for visiting MPHP.in!
Leave your doubts and questions in the comment box below.