West Bengal Public Service Commission releases WBCS Syllabus and Exam Pattern PDF 2022. (WBPSC). Candidates interested in applying for the WBCS (West Bengal Civil Service) Exam can review the WBCS Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern PDF 2022. WBCS Syllabus and Exam Pattern PDF 2022 may be seen and downloaded.
WBCS Mains Syllabus 2022
Download the most recent WBCS Mains Exam Syllabus and prepare appropriately. Applicants will understand the crucial areas from an examination standpoint by studying with the WBCS Exam Syllabus 2022. The WBCS Optional Subject Syllabus and the WBCS Mains Exam Pattern will assist you in understanding the exam format. Candidates can prepare for the West Bengal Civil Service Exam by studying the WBCS Syllabus 2022 below.
Because many students are likely to apply for the West Bengal Civil Service Exam this year, the competition will be fierce. Getting a spot on the team is not easy; the only way is to work hard and know a lot about each issue. The test is into three parts: preliminary, mains, and interview. Candidates who pass the written test will proceed to the next phase. You may find detailed information on WBCS Syllabus 2022 on this page, which was by the official page’s staff. In this post, candidates will learn about the WBCS Syllabus and the main exam pattern.
The papers listed below are part of the WBCS mains curriculum. There will be six mandatory papers, one optional paper, and one interview following the main test. Out of the six obligatory papers, you must complete four WBCS syllabus papers on OMR answer sheets.
WBCS Mains Exam Pattern 2022
Except for the language examinations, answers in all WBCS curriculum papers, compulsory and optional, may be written in either English or Bengali (unless otherwise directed in these rules or the question papers). In the WBCS main test, there are two kinds of papers. There are six papers and one optional paper. There will be two 200-point papers on the optional topic. All applicants must submit the mandatory papers, but optional papers are exclusive of applicants who applied for group A or B. Whether compulsory or optional, each exam will be worth 200 points and last three hours.
WBCS Mains Syllabus 2022 Details
WBPSC has stated the WBCS Mains Syllabus in its official notice. After passing the preliminary stage, shortlisted applicants must take the WBCS (Exe.), etc. (Main) Exam. Six required exams and one optional topic with two papers make up the WBCS Main exam. Candidates in Groups C and D only have to take the six mandatory papers. Optional Subject tests are only applicable to applicants taking Group A and Group B exams. Six required papers and two optional subject papers (from a list published by the commission) will be worth 200 points. All of the papers will take three hours to complete.
WBCS Mains Optional Subjects syllabus
The optional subjects’ two papers, except Law, Medical Science, and Engineering, will be conventional. The examination standard will be approximately an Honours Degree Examination as prescribed by recognized Indian Universities. Candidates may utilize the Devanagari or Bengali Script in their Sanskrit answer papers, the Devanagari Script in their Hindi or Nepali answer papers, and the Bengali in their Bengali answer papers.
WBCS Interview Round
Candidates who pass the WBCS Mains Exam will participate in the ‘Interview’ Round. The WBCS appoints a Board to interview the candidates. The necessary fields that the interviewer looked at are listed below.
1. The applicant will be interviewed by a board of directors who will record the candidate’s career and interests from the Application Form.
2. The purpose of the interview is for a panel of competent and neutral observers to assess the candidate’s fitness for a career in the state services.
3. Candidates must keep up with current events both inside and outside of their state, along with their academic studies.
4. The objective of the interview is to assess the candidate’s mental and analytical abilities.
WBCS Mains 2022 Important Instructions
- The selection procedure consists of three parts, according to the WBCS Exam Pattern 2020, which include a preliminary exam, a major exam, and a personality test.
- The WBCS Preliminary Exam is a general studies-focused screening exam. According to the WBCS 2021 Exam Pattern, this exam has eight sub-topics worth 200 points.
- The WBCS 2021 preliminary written exam comprises 200 multiple-choice (MCQs) worth one mark each. Although the commission has not revealed the specific punishment, there is a provision for negative marking for each erroneous response. The test will take 150 minutes to complete.
- The WBCS Main Exam consists of eight exams, six of which are required and one of which is an optional topic divided into two sections. Candidates who get the same as or higher than the cut-off mark in the preliminary test are qualified to take the main exam.
- Passing the Main Exam qualifies candidates to take the Personality Test. The applicants’ general awareness, qualities, and attributes are there during the personality exam.
- Candidate selection is based on performance on the main exam and the personality test. The preliminary examination is just for qualification.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|DMER Homepage||Click Here|