Students are admitted to Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) programmes at IITs, NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs in India based on their results on the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main and JEE Advanced. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is a recognised authority by the federal government of India. Candidates who have passed JEE Main and JEE Advanced are required to participate in the counselling process overseen by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). To participate in the JoSAA 2023 choice filling, candidates must demonstrate that they can satisfy the prerequisites for eligibility.
JoSAA 2023 Choice Filling
Following the publication of the results of the JEE Advanced 2022 examination, JoSAA 2023 Counseling will get underway. All applicants must register for the Counselling on the JoSAA website, as stated in the official notification that was sent, so that they may participate. After this, the seats will be locked, and each applicant will be given a specific day and time at which they must submit their applications to finish the admissions process.
Candidates have been advised that if they are asked to report to the Institute for any reason, whether for physical verification or something else, they must comply with the request and do so at the Institute. On the other hand, this would not be done until after completing the sixth round of Counselling. Check out the significant dates that are listed here.
Students are offered Counselling and the opportunity to fill out their choice of programmes before being admitted to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), the National Institute of Technology (NIT), the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT), or any of the other Government Funded Technology Institutes (GFTIs).
JoSAA 2023 Seat Allotment Dates
The procedure of physically verifying applicants begins on the first day of JoSAA 2023 option filling and continues through the counselling stages of JoSAA 2023. If a JEE (Advanced) 2023 qualified Person with Disabilities applicant does not finish this procedure by the very latest before the conclusion of the counselling round in which they are allotted a seat (if any), that seat will be forfeited, and another candidate will be allowed to take it.
Candidates are needed to register on the JoSAA 2023 site before they may proceed to the physical verification phase of the selection process. Before arriving for physical verification, candidates must use the link accessible on the JoSAA 2023 site to choose any IIT (for physical verification), day, and time (FN/AN).
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria 2023
The JoSAA 2023 does not have any precise qualifying requirements in place. To be eligible for JoSAA counselling 2023, candidates need to have qualified for either the JEE Main 2023 or the JEE Advanced 2023 examination. In addition, the applicants must satisfy the requirements set out by the institutions participating. The applicants will not be assigned to the institutions providing admissions into the Bachelor of Technology programme if the necessary requirements are unmet.
How to Apply for JoSAA 2023 Choice Filling?
- Candidates need to check out the official website, which can be found at josaa.nic.in.
- Create a profile on JoSAA’s official website for Counselling.
- To log in, candidates will be asked to provide their JEE roll number and password.
- The candidates would have to make decisions based on their priorities and commit to them in the end.
- Candidates can change their preferences in the event of any problems.
- After all, factors have been taken into account, applicants can put a hold on their candidacy for the program of their choosing at their chosen college.
- Once the college has been allotted, you can submit your decision and get the allocation letter.
JoSAA 2023 Important Instructions
- All IITs, NITs, and other GFTIs would be eligible to receive counselling services from JoSAA. On the website josaa.nic.in, candidates are needed to choose their preferences. Candidates who took part in the JEE Main 2022 examination are required to select their preferences for the NIT+ scheme but are ineligible for admission to the IITs.
- Only applicants who scored high enough on the JEE Advanced 2022 exam will be considered for admission to the IITs and IISc. Candidates who have achieved a qualifying score on the JEE Advanced also qualify for admission to any other participating institutions.
- Candidates may determine whether or not they are eligible to register on josaa.nic.in, where they will also be asked to choose their preferred institutions and branches in descending order of preference. Because candidates will be selected according to the same criteria, candidates need to consider their options before filling out the form.
- Candidates must LOCK their selections once they have completed the previous steps of selecting options. If the options are not locked before the last time, the most recently stored selections will have their locks applied automatically. Remember that they cannot be changed after the options have been locked. Therefore, use extreme caution.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|DMER Homepage||Click Here|