Next month, the Central Board of Trustees of the EPF Interest Rate will meet to decide on the interest rate on deposits in the employee provident fund for the next two years. The National Pension System (NPS) contribution given by their employer, the state government, will be eligible for a 14 percent tax deduction beginning in the fiscal year 2023 for employees of state governments.
EPF Interest Rate 2023
The Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 established the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) as a retirement benefits system. Only employed individuals are eligible for the program. As explained above, a set amount of contribution is deducted from an employee’s pay and deposited into their EPF account under the EPF plan. The company also contributes a portion of the employee’s EPF account.
|Category||Percentage of contribution (%)|
|Employees Provident Fund||3.67|
|Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS)||8.33|
|Employee’s Deposit Link Insurance Scheme (EDLIS)||0.50|
|EPF Admin Charges||1.10|
|EDLIS Admin Charges||0.01|
When an employee retires, they get a lump sum payment from the EPF, including the employee’s contribution, the employer’s contribution, and the interest amount paid every year. Each month, the government changes the interest rate on EPF accounts. The interest rate that has been announced for the fiscal year 2019-20 is 8.5 percent. Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) will hold its CBT meeting in Guwahati in March, where the proposed EPF interest rate for 2022-22 will be discussed as it is the end of the fiscal year. Union labor minister Bhupender Yadav said, “CBT, to decide on the interest rate for 2022-22, is to occur in Guwahati in March for the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
EPF Notification 2023
The finance ministry confirmed it in October 2022. The EPFO then provided instructions to field offices to credit the interest revenue of 8.5 percent for 2020-21 into the subscribers’ account as soon as it became available. The Ministry of Finance’s responsibility is to approve CBT’s interest rate decision for EPF deposits in a fiscal year.
The EPFO only provides the interest rate after the government has confirmed it through the finance ministry. Provident fund deposits are now paying an interest rate of 8.5 percent, a seven-year low compared with the 8.65 percent offered for 2018-19. The rate was first reduced in March 2020.
What is the formula for calculating interest on EPF?
Before I detail the calculation of interest on EPF deposits, let’s go over a few essential aspects to grasp the interest calculation.
- Every six months, the federal government announces the rate of interest to be paid (every fiscal year). Since 2012-13, the interest rate on EPF deposits has been 8.5 percent, 8.75 percent in 2013-14, and 8.75 percent in 2014-15.
- Interest is calculated as a percentage of the average monthly debt. EPF subscribers can receive interest on their contributions and interest on their employer’s PF deposits.
- However, although the interest amount is computed every month, the entire interest amount is only credited once per year. It is customary for the credit distribution to occur toward the end of March.
- This office follows a calendar year that runs from March to February.
EPF Salary Update 2023
Employers might choose from one of the following options if the employee’s income is higher than Rs.15,000 per month.
- The employer may agree to enable the employee to contribute 12 percent of their basic salary and dearness allowance, with the contribution amount limited to Rs.15,000 in terms of the wage cap.
- Even if the employee’s income is more than Rs.15,000, the company may match the employee’s contribution.
- The employer has the option of capping both contributions at Rs.15,000 per month of salary.
EPF Tax Benefits
Employees who contribute to their PF accounts are eligible for tax benefits under section 80C of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. This benefit is available for contributions to a PF account up to a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh. If you make contributions to an employee provident fund account for five years, you will not be eligible to claim a tax deduction for what you have put in. Alternatively, if you withdraw your PF contribution before five years have passed and your EPF contribution was less than five years in length, income tax will be deducted at the point of withdrawal.
The following are the primary aims of the EPF: a.
- A single EPF account needs to be provided to each employee.
As much as possible, compliance must be made simple.
- Ensure that organizations adhere to all of the rules and regulations invariably established by the EPF.
- It is necessary to assure the dependability of online services while also making enhancements to their facilities.
- All member accounts must be accessible online.
- It takes to resolve claims will be lowered from 20 days to three days.
- Promotion and promotion of voluntary compliance are two important goals.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|DMER Homepage||Click Here|
4 thoughts on “EPF Interest Rate 2023 Notification, Calculate, Latest News”
Denounce EPF interest rate reduction to 8.1% which is the lowest in the last 44 years.
In another anti- worker move the return on workers’ retirement savings parked with the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been slashed to 8.1% for 2022-22 from the 8.5% rate credited to employees accounts in the past two years at a time when inflation is surging.
National Coordination Committee of Pensioners Associations (NCCPA), Telangana All Pensioners and Retired Persons Association (TAPRPA) and all employees representatives oppose the argument of the Union Government to treat it on par with interest rates of any other deposits in banks. This can never be acceptable as EPF is a recurring life time savings of the employees meant for their future as part of Social Security. This has to be differentially treated than any other linked interest rates in banking sector.
8,65percentage is correct rate of interest.where is going gst benifits
EPFO is not in condition to increase pension, but is in condition to reduce interest rate as and when they wish. It is very excellent.
To maintain the whole country and to keep on paying interest regularly and on time.
Next that day’s don’t come in future that government has to anounce that there is no fund to pay interest this year.